Terms of Service provided by amplaffy Oy
These Terms were last modified on 16.03.2019.
These Terms and conditions apply to your use of the Website of amplaffy (amplaffy.io hereafter the “Website”) and any other services provided by amplaffy Oy (hereafter "we" or "us" or “amplaffy”).
Please read these Terms of Service completely. By using or accessing the Website in any way, viewing or browsing the Website, adding your own content to the Website, or being a customer or user of amplaffy you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service.
The Website and all of its original content are the sole property of amplaffy and are, as such, fully protected by the appropriate international copyright and other intellectual property rights laws.
amplaffy connects startups with job seekers on the basis of a monthly or yearly membership of the startup, and the registration of the job seeker to the amplaffy platform.
amplaffy has the right to modify, suspend or discontinue any aspect of its services, projects and/or events that are offered to job seekers, startups and other users of such service at any time without prior notice, and without being liable for any damage or inconvenience that this might cause.
Regarding the 'amplaffy 36' Project, amplaffy reserves the right to limit the number of initial participants 3 months after the start of the Project, without any obligation to include all initial participants to further Project proceedings after that.
If you want to use the services provided by amplaffy, you first need to register through the respective typeform for job seekers and startups found on our Website. In order to register, we need your name, e-mail address, LinkedIn profile account information, and other information related to your experience, interests, skills, education etc. in order to create a profile for you and match you to the relevant for you job seekers or startups respectively.
You hereby agree to provide current, complete and accurate information when registering to use amplaffy's services.
Your registration is regarded as an application. After an internal screening and vetting process, we decide whether you will be allowed to use our platform. This process might take time in some instances, and your application can be refused without an obligation to explain the reasons behind this decision.
If accepted, you agree to take our advice regarding skills acquisition and implement it to the best of your abilities.
As a job seeker or a pre-seed startup you can use our services for free. We regard a startup to be pre-seed when it has been operating for less than 2 years, and has not secured funding and/or revenue.
As a startup or scaleup company with funding and/or revenue, you will need to purchase a yearly or monthly membership before you can use our services. These memberships will automatically be extended with a successive renewal of the same duration. Discounted memberships will offer a discount price upon the first payment and will then offer the standard full price for each renewal. We will generally not accept as members companies that have been in operation for over 10 years at the time of their first registration. We reserve the right to make exceptions to this rule.
You can cancel your membership at any time without penalty or obligation. If you wish to request a refund, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Generally, all charges are nonrefundable, but we might make an exception.
You are solely responsible for the information and content you share through us to job seekers and startups respectively, and your interactions with them during any stage of the recruitment process.
You hereby agree to conduct yourself in a professional manner based on trust, non-discrimination and honesty while interacting with other users to the platform.
You will not act in a way that is intended to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate other users that we connect you with. You will not promote or encourage illegal or unlawful activities or behaviors in our platform.
Acting contrary to the above can result to your removal from the amplaffy platform. If you are removed from our platform, you may not use our platform again, you will not be refunded, and your subscription will be stopped.
You agree to compensate us for any claim or damages and legal fees demanded by a third party in respect of any matter relating to or arising from any breach or suspected breach by you of these Terms or the rights of a third party.
Risks & Reporting
We do not guarantee or verify the accuracy of information provided to you by other users or customers. We make every effort to keep the information we provide to you accurate and up to date, but we do not guarantee that it is accurate, complete or current. Any reliance on the provided information is at your own risk.
We do not warrant the uninterrupted availability of our service.
Please report any behavior you encounter which is in breach of these Terms via email@example.com.
amplaffy can deny service to any user, and reserves the right to terminate your access to services, without any advance notice.
Links to Other Websites
Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT WILL AMPLAFFY AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RELATING TO THE DECISION WHETHER OR NOT AN APPLICANT IS ALLOWED AS A MEMBER OF THE PLATFORM.
- WE WILL PROVIDE THE AMPLAFFY SERVICE TO YOU WITH REASONABLE SKILL AND CARE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE OR ASSOCIATED SERVICES.
- IN NO EVENT WILL AMPLAFFY AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF SERVICES, INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, TRADE SECRET MISAPPROPRIATION, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR EVENTS, OR RESULTING FROM ANY OTHER SERVICE WE PROVIDE.
- YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE NOT TO HOLD AMPLAFFY LIABLE FOR ANY INSTRUCTION, ADVICE, OR SERVICES DELIVERED. AMPLAFFY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGE, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND/OR CONTROVERSIES THAT ARISE OR RELATE IN ANY WAY TO OUR SERVICES.
- YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT AMPLAFFY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM:
A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR OTHER SERVICES;
B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE WEBSITE OR OTHER SERVICES;
C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
D) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY ON THE WEBSITE OR OTHER SERVICES;
E) YOUR RELIANCE ON CONTENT DATA MADE AVAILABLE BY US; OR
F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR OTHER SERVICES.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for our fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our employees or agents.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, AMPLAFFY’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR OTHER SERVICES OR YOUR USE OF OUR CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF THE FEES YOU HAVE PAID TO AMPLAFFY.
Changes to This Agreement
amplaffy reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time. If we make significant changes we notify you and draw attention to the updated Terms on the Website. Your decision to continue to visit and make use of the Website after such changes have been made constitutes your formal acceptance of the new Terms of Service. Therefore, we ask that you check and review these Terms for such changes on an occasional basis. Should you not agree to any provision of these Terms or any changes we make to these Terms, we ask and advise that you do not use or continue to access the amplaffy Website and other services immediately.
These Terms are governed by Finnish law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Helsinki.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pomeranssikuja 1 A
00990 Helsinki | Finland
Business ID: 2864325-1